Sweet Southern Wedding at The Dairy BarnApril 23, 2020
Tea Thyme // Venue Tour: Uptown IndigoSeptember 24, 2020
Today it’s from the heart…
In an instant—everything changed.
I was working as the venue manager for a local event venue meeting couples and chatting through wedding details, when it hit me. I’ve been waiting my entire life to take something and run with it, full speed ahead. Something to call my own. This was it and it wasn’t an option, it was a calling. An unshakable feeling down to the very last cell in my body that I had to share my passion to serve these couples and share their love stories with the world. I had no idea, in that moment, that my life would change forever. Or even more shockingly, just how much it would change in the next few months after that…
Like really change. Big time.
I grew a baby and a business with more fire in my heart than I ever thought possible. I found out we were pregnant in September 2019, left my full-time job in January 2020, pursued Honey + Thyme with 110%, had our baby girl, Olive, in May 2020 and have continued serving our couples day in and day out.
5 things I’m thankful for as Honey + Thyme Events continues to grow:
- 26 AMAZING couples in 2021
- A diverse background in the event industry (bridal shows, magazines, catering, planning, nonprofit + venue management)
- The most supportive vendor tribe because collaboration>competition
- A space I get to share with other women entrepreneurs on Main Street Fort Mill, SC
- A beautiful baby girl and supportive husband who motivates me more than ever before
To today and the future ahead. Let’s tell those love stories, honey bees!
With love, Caitlin xoxo